Best Centre for Piles Treatment
We diagnose your symptoms precisely and provide the ideal treatment.
● 18 Years Experience Overall
● 8 Years Experience Overall
What is an Hydrocele?
Hydrocele is a collection of fluid in the sac (scrotum) that holds your testis (the male reproductive organ that produces sperms). It can occur on one side or on both sides. Hydrocele formation is more common in newborns (male infants) than in adults. In infants, simple hydroceles usually do not cause any problems and disappear by the time the child is 1 to 2 years old. If the hydrocele does not resolve on its own, surgery is done in children after 2 years of age.
The testes produce a lubricating fluid that allows it to move freely in the sac. Any excess fluid produced by the testis is drained out of the veins in your scrotum, thereby maintaining the balance of the fluid. If the secretion/absorption balance is altered, then the fluid accumulates in the testis. This is known as hydrocele.
Relieve yourself from Anal fissure
Hear it from our patients
world-class treatment for the community.
Why Practo Care Surgeries?
Why Practo Care Surgeries?
Frequently Asked Questions
Hydrocele surgery is a safe procedure and complications are rare. Understand the procedure well and discuss the associated risks and ways to prevent them with your doctor.
Hydrocele surgery takes 30-40 minutes to complete.
Yes. Hydroceles usually do not affect your day-to-day activities or reduce the quality of your life. A hydrocele surgery does not affect your fertility when diagnosed and treated early.
Hydrocelectomy cost ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 60,000. The cost may vary on a case-to-case basis depending upon the procedure, complexities associated with the disease, institution, and geographical location.
The use of laser when compared to conventional procedure for treating a hydrocele has many advantages such as:
- Shorter time taken for the procedure (less than 30 minutes)
- Early and faster recovery
- Less chances of injury to the scrotum
- Lower risk of infection and complications
- Less bleeding and blood clots
- Painless procedure
- Precise and accurate cuts on the skin which is to be incised
- Sutures that are used in laser procedure can dissolve by itself in a few days
- Bleeding from the site of the surgery
- Infections in the area of the surgery
- Recurrence of the hydrocele (the condition comes back)
- Injury to the testicles and the nearby structure that can lead to infertility (impotence)
- Risks from the anaesthesia such as breathing difficulty
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience the following:
- Bleeding from the incision site
- Severe pain that does not respond to medications
- Swelling at the site of the surgery that is increasing in size
- Persistent high fever (with a temperature above 100°F)
- Symptoms of infection, which include redness, warmth, swelling, pain, and abnormal discharge from the site of the surgery.