We provide the best treatment options by connecting you with the best doctors.
● 20 Years Experience Overall
●10000+ Happy patients
● 21 Years Experience Overall
●16000 + Surgeries Performed
● 26 Years Experience Overall
●10000+ Happy patients
● 10 Years Experience Overall
●5000+ Happy patients
Our surgeons use three main types of approaches for hernia repair/surgery: open hernia repair, laparoscopic hernia repair, and robotic hernia repair.
What is Hernia?
When there is a weakening of your abdominal wall muscles, your intestines push through the abdominal wall, causing a bulge under the skin of your abdomen, near the groin or your navel causing a hernia. Hernias occur within the abdominal cavity (most common), your umbilicus (belly button), between the chest and stomach or the groin area.
The Doctor Is In
Hear it from our patients
world-class treatment for the community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hernia surgeries are usually performed by General surgeons or Laparoscopic surgeons.
Hernias cannot be treated with medications. Medications can only help in relieving the symptoms for some time. Hernias have to be removed surgically.
Laparoscopic surgery is better than conventional open surgery due to:
- Shorter time for healing and recovery (days vs week), hence you can resume work early.
- Cosmetically acceptable: Small multiple incisions (3 to 4) rather than one large cut in the abdomen.
- Fewer chances of postoperative complications.
- Reduced hospital stay and lower expenses.
Complications with hernia surgery are rare, however, a few include infection, bleeding from the site of incision, tingling and numbness in the affected area, pain and sometimes injuries to the nearby organs.
Your doctor will schedule a follow-up appointment 7-10 days after the surgery, to ensure complete recovery. During this visit, your doctor will remove any stitches and check for proper healing.
The recovery period depends on the type of procedure. Most people return to their normal activities 2 to 3 weeks after the surgery.
Contact your doctor immediately if you have:
- High fever
- Severe pain or swelling at the surgical site
- Bleeding from the incision site
- Discoloured and foul-smelling fluids oozing out from the incision site
- If the incision becomes swollen or tender (delicate to touch)
The cost depends upon the type of surgery. Open Hernia surgeries cost between INR 30,000 and INR 60,000, while Laparoscopic surgeries cost INR 80,000. This may vary on a case to case basis depending upon the procedure, complexities associated with the disease, institution and geographical location.