Best Centre for Piles Treatment
We provide the best treatment options by connecting you with the best doctors.
● 15 Years Experience Overall
●10000 + Surgeries Performed
● 20 Years Experience Overall
●17000 + Surgeries Performed
● 16 Years Experience Overall
●12000 + Surgeries Performed
What is Anus And Anal Fissure?
The anus is the opening of the last part of your digestive system through which the stools are passed out from your body. The rectum (last part of the large intestine, where the stools are stored) is connected to the anus through a narrow tube-like space, the anal canal. The anal canal has two constrictions made up of muscles called sphincters (internal and external) and any tear in the muscles can cause an anal fissure.
An anal fissure is a small tear in the thin tissue (mucosa) that lines the anus. These are caused when you pass hard or large stools during a bowel movement.
Relieve yourself from Anal fissure
Hear it from our patients
world-class treatment for the community.
Why Practo Care Surgeries?
Why Practo Care Surgeries?
Frequently Asked Questions
Fissure surgeries are usually performed by a General surgeon or a Colorectal surgeon.
It is important that you get treated for anal fissure as, if not treated, it may become chronic and you may develop a fever, have difficulty in passing stools, severe pain and bleeding while passing stools.
Fissure surgery is a safe procedure and complications are rare. However, like any other surgery, there are a few expected risks which include the following:
- Bleeding from the site of the surgery
- Infection in the operated area
- Temporary difficulty in passing stools
- Pain at the incision site
- Incontinence of stools (inability to control bowel movements, causing involuntary leakage of stools from your rectum while passing gas)
Your doctor will schedule a follow-up appointment almost 7 to 10 days after the procedure to check for proper recovery.
- Cosmetically acceptable
- Shorter time is taken for the procedure
- Sutures that are used in laser procedures dissolve by themselves in a few days
- Reduces blood loss during surgery
- Painless procedure
- Early recovery from surgery
In case you experience any of these signs, consult your doctor immediately:
- Severe pain and bleeding from the incision
- High fever accompanied by chills
- Excessive discharge or bleeding from the anus
Piles (haemorrhoids) are enlarged blood vessels that can be seen in and around the anus (the opening of your bottom). Piles occur as a result of increased pressure in your lower rectum, causing stretching of veins around your anus. An anal fissure is a small tear in the thin tissue (mucosa) that lines the anus. The fissure causes a spasm in the inner sphincter leading to gaping and sealing of blood supply to the fissure.
The postoperative recovery period varies from person to person and complete recovery may take 6 to 10 weeks. You will be able to resume your normal activities within one to two weeks after the surgery.
The cost of anal fissure surgery ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 40,000. A laser fissure procedure can cost around INR 25,000 depending upon the type of surgery. The cost may vary on a case-to-case basis, depending on the procedure, complexities associated with the disease, institution, and geographical location.